The Daily Sandwich

"We have to learn the lesson that intellectual honesty is fundamental for everything we cherish." -Sir Karl Popper

Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

...........................

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Thank you for your continued support. You dumb son of a bitch.

Funny stuff. Some as-of-yet unidentified party decided to do a little editorializing on a letter from the office of Missouri Rep. Jo Ann Emerson, concluding the letter with the heartfelt message "i think you're an asshole." Which Emerson then signed, even adding a hand-written 'PS.'

And here I always thought that members of Congress carefully scrutinized each and every letter sent out to constituents. I'm so disillusioned.

UPDATE: OD1 rightly reminds me that although I admitted the culprit hasn't been identified, I suggested that the signature and end-note came after the rude comment had been added. Which isn't necessarily the case. A very valid point, even if it does spoil the fun I was having with the prank.