The Daily Sandwich

"We have to learn the lesson that intellectual honesty is fundamental for everything we cherish." -Sir Karl Popper

Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

...........................

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I am the decider. Koo-koo-ka-choo.

Bush predictably went of the offensive with Rumsfeld today, making it clear that the opinion of military leaders was as irrelevant to him as that of anyone else.

"I listen to all voices, but mine is the final decision," he said. "And Don Rumsfeld is doing a fine job. He's not only transforming the military, he's fighting a war on terror. He's helping us fight a war on terror. I have strong confidence in Don Rumsfeld.

"I hear the voices, and I read the front page, and I know the speculation. But I'm the decider, and I decide what is best. And what's best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the secretary of defense."

This is sure to please Bush's hardcore supporters, but what do they have to celebrate? "Hooray, more violence in Iraq!"

For the rest of the country-- and the globe-- it means more negative feeling about the administration. And increased determination to keep the US from starting a war with Iran. Not that the administration gives a damn. Just keep your mind on getting out the vote in November. It's closer every day.