The Daily Sandwich

"We have to learn the lesson that intellectual honesty is fundamental for everything we cherish." -Sir Karl Popper

Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

...........................

Monday, June 13, 2005

Fat, white and corrupt: a portrait in family values

Gee, this doesn't look good. A Republican Congressman from California was given a $700,000 price break on his fancy-schmancy new digs in Del Mar. Then, Randy "Duke" Cunningham, worked to get "tens of millions of dollars" worth of government defense contracts for the guy. How do we know that tough-guy "Duke" wouldn't ever do something shady? 'Cuz he's never even smoked a doob, folks:

"My whole life I've lived aboveboard," Cunningham said. "I've never even smoked a marijuana cigarette. I don't cheat. If a contractor buys me lunch and we meet a second time, I buy the lunch. My whole life has been aboveboard and so this doesn't worry me."