The Daily Sandwich

"We have to learn the lesson that intellectual honesty is fundamental for everything we cherish." -Sir Karl Popper

Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

...........................

Thursday, November 03, 2005

I'm too sexy for my Members Only

The Smoking Gun has a few more e-mails from former FEMA head (and current FEMA 'consultant') Michael Brown that show just what a colossal dick he is. Keep in mind that he's still pulling down his full salary from the government, which is to say American taxpayers.

On August 29, as Katrina was striking the Gulf Coast, Brown responded to a compliment on a TV appearance by stating, "I got it at Nordsstroms...Are you proud of me? Can I quit now? Can I go home?" An hour later, Brown wrote about his government-issued wardrobe: "If you'll look at my lovely FEMA attire you'll really vomit. I am a fashion god."

It's vomit-inducing all right. And it shows you the degree to which the much-praised Bush "resolve" prevents him from steering away from icebergs. After all, it'll still be the poor who go down with the ship.