The Daily Sandwich

"We have to learn the lesson that intellectual honesty is fundamental for everything we cherish." -Sir Karl Popper

Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

...........................

Friday, April 15, 2005

Faux News strikes again

A lot of us don't really require any more proof that Fox News is a thinly-disguised propaganda arm for the Republican party-- no matter that the party is currently in the hands of corrupt fudamentalists. Sadly, most Fox boosters don't need any more evidence, either. After all, they've drunk the Kool-Aid and refuse to question their own adopted party. Nevertheless, here it is: Sean Hannity was caught coaching his guests how to avoid answering questions from the token liberal.

From the NY Daily News:

"Just say, 'I'm here to tell what I saw,'" Hannity can be heard instructing his guests. "No matter what the question, 'I'm here to tell you what I saw. I'm here to tell you what I saw.'"

Hannity adds helpfully: "Say, 'I'm not going to be distracted by silliness.' How's that? Does that help you? Look into that camera. Look at me when I'm talking."

On the air, Iyer performs beautifully. "I don't have any opinions or judgments. I was there," she declares

After the segment ends, Hannity gushes off the air to the nurses: "We got the points out. It's hard, this isn't easy. But you did great, both of you. Thank you, guys. Those nurses are powerful, aren't they?"

You know, the sad part is that although several of my conservative friends are quick to show their disdain for the likes of Hannity and Limbaugh, they're usually making the exact same arguments. But it's somehow credible because they didn't get it from those 'hacks.'