The Daily Sandwich

"We have to learn the lesson that intellectual honesty is fundamental for everything we cherish." -Sir Karl Popper

Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

...........................

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Hey, folksy banter worked for Franklin, right?

But I have a funny feeling that Bush's Hee-Haw schtick isn't going to go over as smoothly in Eurpoe these days. Maybe he should start looking into a beaverskin hat.

U.S. President George W. Bush told a German newspaper his best moment in more than five years in office was catching a big perch in his own lake.

"You know, I've experienced many great moments and it's hard to name the best," Bush told weekly Bild am Sonntag when asked about his high point since becoming president in January 2001.

"I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound (3.402 kilos) perch in my lake," he told the newspaper in an interview published on Sunday.

The tragic irony is that as the coddled, dim-witted son of a wealthy family, he could've spent every day of his life fishing in a stocked lake and blowing away pen-raised game-- and saved the rest of us several trillion dollars and a few tens of thousands of lives.

UPDATE: Normally I correct my typos, but I'm leaving this one alone in honor of Madmeoiselle Sumg.