The Daily Sandwich

"We have to learn the lesson that intellectual honesty is fundamental for everything we cherish." -Sir Karl Popper

Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

...........................

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Poetry Sunday

It's going to be a light day for posts, seeing as how I'm about to head out the door for some fun and frolicking. Thankfully, the mysterious Cipher saves my bacon (again!) and passes along a sort of Zen meditation on our leadership by WaPo reporter Riichard Thompson. Except that it is made up entirely from presimadential quotations. Impress your progressive friends over brunch and the elitist coffee beverage of your choice.

MAKE THE PIE HIGHER!

I think we all agree, the past is over.
This is still a dangerous world.
It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses.

Rarely is the question asked
is our children learning?
Will the highways of the internet
become more few?

How many hands have I shaked?
They misunderestimate me.
I'm a pitbull on the pantleg of opportunity.

I know that the human being
and the fish can coexist.
Families is where our nation find' s hope.
Where our wings take dream.

Put food on your family!
Knock down the tollbooth!
Vulcanize society!
Make the pie higher!