The Daily Sandwich

"We have to learn the lesson that intellectual honesty is fundamental for everything we cherish." -Sir Karl Popper

Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

...........................

Monday, January 03, 2005

More "Funny"

Above is a link to Something Awful. I've mentioned them before, and they am funny. They also drew my attention to this site: www.hippiepersonals.com.

Ewwwwwww! Matt Sandwich isn't a fan of hippies. It was all well and good in the sixties, when hippies were doing things like promoting equality, producing bands like Love, and I guess smelling kinda weird. But these days, when 'the scene' is dominated by whippersnappers who are better termed "credit card hippies," "Xippies" (for Generation X hippies), and "Trustifarians," with their hackysacks, tie-dyed togs and well-funded attempts to be countercultural, it's more than a tad silly.

Never fear, though. Plenty of the lonely, patchouli-scented, hearts on this site are just plain old enough to know that things are a little different here in the 21st century. But they're clinging. I know, plenty of aging hippies are out there doing great things to help the poor and disenfranchised. But I don't think they're self-indulgent enough to join this site.

Check in. Have a chuckle and a shudder at the same time. And no, I'm not trying to prove my DLC bona fides. I really do think they're goofy, and I still don't think we need to move to the right.