The Daily Sandwich

"We have to learn the lesson that intellectual honesty is fundamental for everything we cherish." -Sir Karl Popper

Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

...........................

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The fireside chat goes digital.

I've made no secret of my like for Wesley Clark. He got into the race too late to be major player in the last election, but he's been busy pushing some good, progressive policies and making plenty of media appearances since. And I really hope he makes a run in '08 (although I'm not sure what will happen if Hillary declares, too, given his ties to the family).

Anyway, I thought I'd just toss this out there for your general information. From the pertinent e-mail:

My purpose in these [weekly] "ClarkCasts" is not partisan, because solving our nation's problems takes all of us working together. But I do take issue with the current Administration and the Congress and will call it like I see it.

The government should work for the people who elect its officials and who pay the taxes to fund it. It seems to me that in the past six years, we the people have been working for this government. They don't explain themselves; they don't encourage open debate -- it's a take it or leave attitude, and it's dangerous for our democracy.

Our government works best in an atmosphere of openness and accountability. We have not had this over these past years and it shows in Americans' attitudes towards Washington. Congress and the President are suffering through low public approval ratings and ebbing voter confidence.

These are just some of the issues we'll be talking about in our weekly "ClarkCasts" -- and I hope you'll join in the dialogue.