The Daily Sandwich

"We have to learn the lesson that intellectual honesty is fundamental for everything we cherish." -Sir Karl Popper

Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

...........................

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

This post is not about Patrick Fitzgerald

It also isn't about speculation on indictments, Rove, Libby, Cheney, Bush's alleged temper tantrums, or anything else that hasn't become official yet.

There. Wasn't that refreshing?

UPDATE: Liar! Liar! I'm a liar! This post is about Fitzgerald as of now! I've been staying away from the "Fitzmas" stuff because it's been pure, uncut rumor-mongering. It's also dominated progressive news sites and blogs almost to the exclusion of other stories this week, which I find very frustrating. I keep hearing suggestions that FEMA has utterly failed again in responding to Wilma in Florida, there are more strange tales coming out about Harriet Miers, there's a report that now Rumsfeld is going to rake in a stock windfall because of a suspect government deal with a drug company called Gilead. But all I see on the blogs is Scooter, Cheney and Rove (I won't add "Oh, my!").

But if you're just dying to get some more crumbs on Fitzgerald, I'm putting my blog imprimatur on this piece that seems to be the tidbit of choice of those in the know. Thanks to OD1 for giving me the URL. Here's the poop:

An uber-insider source has just reported the following to TWN (since confirmed by another independent source):

1. 1-5 indictments are being issued. The source feels that it will be towards the higher end.

2. The targets of indictment have already received their letters.

3. The indictments will be sealed indictments and "filed" tomorrow.

4. A press conference is being scheduled for Thursday.