The Daily Sandwich

"We have to learn the lesson that intellectual honesty is fundamental for everything we cherish." -Sir Karl Popper

Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

...........................

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Happy birthday, Daily Sandwich!

I like to joke that it's a good thing I'm working on becoming a professor, because people don't come any more absent-minded than me. Even members of my immediate family are flabbergasted when I send a birthday/anniversary gift in time for the actual day.

So it seems fitting that I forgot the birthday of my own blog, October 14th of last year. As I wrote then (or maybe I didn't), the site started as a substitute for the occasional e-mails I sent out to a group of like-minded friends and family. The rewarding byproduct was being able to contact people from around the nation and encourage political action. And although I'm hardly in the blogging big leagues, the site continues to grow in readership.

I'd also like to thank all the fine folks who've kept me on top of important issues and contributed ideas and story links. Long live the intrepid OD1, the mysterious Cipher, GE (who brings bad things to light), the dashing 'het Flegma,' the cryptic Shallow Larynx, the ever-vigilant Vigilauntie, the ever-pimpin' Mac, and even the enigmatic Bordgame!



Mmmmm.... Reuben. Probably the official sandwich of the blog. Even though I only have two a year or so, and hadn't really thought about a mascot until I started writing this post. Man, those boys are tasty, though.