The Daily Sandwich

"We have to learn the lesson that intellectual honesty is fundamental for everything we cherish." -Sir Karl Popper

Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

...........................

Thursday, September 29, 2005

The real Roberts question

It looks like Roberts will be confirmed in a quick vote today. What I'm eager to know is whether or not he'll carry Rehnquist's torch and put gold stripes on his robe.

You might recall that Rehnquist was the first Chief Justice in history to differentiate himself from his colleagues by adding some pizzazz to his somber black robe. I always thought that was pretty obnoxious, in a petty sort of "nanny-nanny-boo-boo,' 'as a matter of fact I DO own the road' sort of way.

If anyone would like to make a donation to my 'Buy Roberts a Bedazzler' fund, drop me a line.