The Daily Sandwich

"We have to learn the lesson that intellectual honesty is fundamental for everything we cherish." -Sir Karl Popper

Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

...........................

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Comedy Tuesday-- I hope you take yours black

The mysterious Cipher is a mystery indeed. One article sent in makes me cry, while another makes me laugh. This one falls right in the disturbing middle, and comes courtesy of The Onion (who've had some brilliantly scathing articles on Katrina's aftermath).

Halliburton Gets Contract To Pry Gold Fillings From New Orleans Corpses' Teeth


HOUSTON—On Tuesday, Halliburton received a $110 million no-bid government contract to pry the gold fillings from the mouths of deceased disaster victims in the New Orleans-Gulf Coast area. "We are proud to serve the government in this time of crisis by recovering valuable resources from the wreckage of this deadly storm," said David J. Lesar, Halliburton's president. "The gold we recover from the human rubble of Katrina can be used to make fighter-jet electronics, supercomputer chips, inflation-proof A-grade investments, and luxury yachting watches."

UPDATE: Funny that I didn't realize it was Wednesday when I titled this post 'Comedy Tuesday.' I wasn't hung over, or high (I haven't done that in ages), or anything. It's just been one of those weeks when I've been one day off all along. I was thinking it was Friday all day today. If my blog was more popular, there would have been a lot of comments pointing out how clueless I am. That said, thanks for checking in. You're a very special person.