The Daily Sandwich

"We have to learn the lesson that intellectual honesty is fundamental for everything we cherish." -Sir Karl Popper

Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

...........................

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

One Small Step

Last year, I wrote about a federal program (funded by chemical companies) that would study the effects of pesticides on children. The payoff for exposing your children to pesticides? About $900, a handicam, and an official logo t-shirt. Sweet!

It was recently revealed that the actions of Barbara Boxer-- another proud commander of the Fighting Dems-- were instrumental in killing off this program once and for all. This comes from a blogger who linked to me recently (click on the above link to check out the site), and I'm happily returning the favor. This post is terse, packed with handy links, and much more technologically savvy than I've been able to manage so far.... That's his style, and I admire it. I'm afraid I'm getting away from my 'mission' a bit by editorializing so much.

_________________________________________________________________________________

EPA has now canceled the pesticide testing program in a clear victory for Senators Boxer and Nelson.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Bush's choice to head the Environmental
Protection Agency on Friday canceled a controversial program to test the effects
of bug spray and other pesticides on infants after two Senate Democrats
threatened to block his confirmation
.


See the MyDD Blog for full story

You can also see my earlier post about Boxer threatening to block the nomination.
____________________________________________________________________

I admire this kind of terseness. It isn't one of my strong suits. The blog is ostensibly about New Hampshire politics, but it also covers national issues. And it's very nicely done.