The Daily Sandwich

"We have to learn the lesson that intellectual honesty is fundamental for everything we cherish." -Sir Karl Popper

Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

...........................

Saturday, February 05, 2005

No.... really?

Never mind the Deion Sanders Hot Dog Express-- here's the talking Ann Coulter doll! Seriously. They even have a "Turkey Dinner George W. Bush Action Figure." Be sure to buy two of each-- one to play with, and one to keep in the package for resale on eBay. You know, when the collectibles market recognizes their value.

I've made cracks about the dearth of humor in Republican circles. It's not that they don't have a sense of humor. It just stopped developing around the collective age of nine. Is "freedom fries" a total burn that I just don't appreciate? Or am I the weird one for not finding the idea of "W Ketchup" hilarious? And did you know that the word ketchup (I prefer 'catsup' for reasons that I won't get into here) comes from Chinese? It's true, friends and neighbors. Is W in bed with red China?

Now, since I'm talking about professsional goofball Ann Coulter, let me share this exchange from an appearance of hers on Canadian television (I'll give you the punchline in advance: Canada didn't send troops to Vietnam):

Coulter: "Canada used to be one of our most loyal friends and vice-versa. I mean Canada sent troops to Vietnam - was Vietnam less containable and more of a threat than Saddam Hussein?"

McKeown interrupts: "Canada didn't send troops to Vietnam."

Coulter: "I don't think that's right."

McKeown: "Canada did not send troops to Vietnam."

Coulter: "Indochina?"

McKeown: "Uh, no. Canada ...second World War of course. Korea. Yes. Vietnam No."

Coulter: "I think you're wrong."

McKeown: "No, took a pass on Vietnam."

Coulter: "I think you're wrong."

McKeown: "No, Australia was there, not Canada."

Coulter: "I think Canada sent troops."

McKeown: "No."

Coulter: "Well. I'll get back to you on that."