The Daily Sandwich

"We have to learn the lesson that intellectual honesty is fundamental for everything we cherish." -Sir Karl Popper

Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

...........................

Friday, January 14, 2005

Heard on the radio

In another alarming example of how this admin works, I caught a story this morning about a town hall meeting Bush just had on the issue of Social Security. Since I can't seem to find any reports online, I have to reconstruct it from half-asleep memory. It went something like this....

Woman: My two sisters and I were raised by my mother, a Welsh immigrant.

W: She's the same age as my mother.

Woman: She just turned eighty.

Yep, it looks like the Potemkin Village strategy isn't just for electioneering anymore. It's also great for bogus policy-pushing.