The Daily Sandwich

"We have to learn the lesson that intellectual honesty is fundamental for everything we cherish." -Sir Karl Popper

Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

...........................

Friday, October 29, 2004

Down to the Wire

Look, folks. Michael Moore's documentary Fahrenheit 9/11 is now available for viewing online. And I trust that it's legal. If you haven't seen it, you need to. If you've seen it, you need to see it again.

Yes, it contains some unsupported assertions. As for factual errors, I have yet to hear any convincing arguments (and I've read plenty of anti-Moore articles). Believe me, even if you've seen it before, the impact is much greater than it was last summer. So much that's happened since the movie was released has made the case all the more clear. Way back when, Richard Clarke was claiming that Bush had planned to invade Iraq since before his inauguration. Today, the authorized biographer of Prescott Bush, and the ghost writer of W's autobigoraphy, said the exact same thing.

Watch it. And no matter what side you're on, do whatever you can to increase voter turnout next Tuesday. It's that important.

And if you're only willing to watch a few minutes of the documentary, it should be part 13. Believe me, it's been fact-checked, and it's all real.

UPDATE: Fact Check has an article up that suggests I might have missed something important when I said that I haven't seen any evidence of intentional distortion in Fahrenheit. Here it is: http://www.factcheck.org/article294.html. I wouldn't want anyone thinking that I'm trying to spread lies. By the way, they don't pertain to 'part 13,' which I recommended above.