The Daily Sandwich

"We have to learn the lesson that intellectual honesty is fundamental for everything we cherish." -Sir Karl Popper

Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

...........................

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I am a very busy, very busy, very busy man.

That title is officially my very first Captain Kangaroo reference. And while I have the utmost respect for Bob Keeshan, responsible for entertaining three decades of American children, I don't have any respect for G-Dub. His best-known work in the field is cutting their access to healthcare and education. Unfortunately, this post is about the latter. And all the important, presidential stuff he has to do.

The House of Representatives begins three days of debate today on the Iraq war, but don't count on George W. Bush to spend much time watching. "You know, I've got a full day," he says in an inteview with C-SPAN. "I mean, it's not as if the world stops when the Congress does their duty."

The president's schedule today? According to the White House, he and the first lady will "celebrate the fifth anniversary of USA Freedom Corps (USAFC) with a briefing on volunteerism," and then he'll visit the Anthony Bowen YMCA in Washington.

Man, I liked Captain Kangaroo.