The Daily Sandwich

"We have to learn the lesson that intellectual honesty is fundamental for everything we cherish." -Sir Karl Popper

Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

...........................

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Second Coming of Tom DeLay

Ahhhh, right-wing books. It'll be interesting to see how well this one sells: a ghost-written puff piece that compares the disgraced Texas exterminator-turned-Congressman to Jesus right on the cover.

"This is a book that's going to be the history of my career, how it furthered the conservative cause, with my spiritual walk and what I think the conservative cause ought to do next," DeLay, a born-again Christian, told The Associated Press.

DeLay said he'll explain how "everything I've done in my career furthered the conservative cause" and helped change the culture of Washington.

DeLay said the working title is "No Retreat, No Surrender: The American Passion of Tom DeLay." He declined to reveal how much he'll be paid. "Not as much as I wanted," he quipped.

I guess now that his days raking in special interest dollars (as a Congressman, anyway) are over, he figures it's time to squeeze some more cash from fundamentalists.