The Daily Sandwich

"We have to learn the lesson that intellectual honesty is fundamental for everything we cherish." -Sir Karl Popper

Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

...........................

Friday, January 06, 2006

Friday Unfunny: Dubya sez "Trees am mean."

Just so everyone remembers how completely retarded our president is, I thought I'd post this link to a video on Crooks & Liars.

Here's how it plays out: Fearless Leader shows up at a military hospital for a feel-good photo-op. In a feeble attempt to channel 'The Great Communicator' Ronald Reagan, he ham-fistedly compares an invisible scratch on his forehead to the wounds suffered by US servicemen in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"You can probably see I was injured myself. Not here at the hospital [Duh, you imbecile-- hospitals are places where people wind up after suffering injury], but in combat with a, uhm.... with a, uhm.... a cedar. I eventually won."

Watch at your own peril. Estimated IQ point loss: 3. If you witnessed the footage from the Republican National Convention in which a man proudly sported his purple Band-Aid and proclaimed that his shaving injury earlier that day made him feel entitled to a Purple Heart, your loss of intelligence won't be cumulative. I think. Just keep repeating to yourself "My country is not called the Retarded States of America..."