The Daily Sandwich

"We have to learn the lesson that intellectual honesty is fundamental for everything we cherish." -Sir Karl Popper

Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

...........................

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

The Thousand Eyes of Sibel Edmond

In a word, wow. I can't even sum this story up in a pithy sentence-- it's going to shake the earth, or it's going to fizzle out into nothing. Or it's going to work like the Iran-Contra affair, and turn all of the crooks into right-wing heroes. Either way, it's the stuff that conspiracies are made of. I'll just copy Buzzflash's headline, which is quite a mouthful. Ready? Here goes:

"Sibel Edmonds to Pursue Her Appeal Against Bushevik Incompetency to Supreme Court. Judge David Sentelle Stepped in to Save Bush Again. He Saved Ollie North and Poindexter. He Appointed Ken Starr. He Ruled Cheney Didn't Have to Turn Over Secret Energy Papers. Bush Doesn't Want Federal Judges on Merit; He Wants a Protection Racket."

Whew. I have no idea how this will play out, or if anything will come of it at all. But I'm still willing to bet that this administration will go down in history as one of the most corrupt ever. The trick is finding any takers.

Forget Tom DeLay's legal defense fund-- maybe some way to contribute to Ms. Edmond's legal fees will turn up... I'm good for a ten-spot.

(GE, who brings bad things to light, was the first to point this story out to me-- several days ago, I have to admit. Like the good pseudo-journalist that I am, I was just waiting for a second source before passing on this incendiary news. Thanks, GE. And don't rub it in-- the jury's still out, after all.)